This quick overview of our conference programme gives you an overview on how the division between live streamed plenary sessions and prerecorded sessions will look like.
- Download the FINAL EPATH2021 Programme (PDf of August 10th)
- Download our Conference Booklet (6/8/2021) (PDF) for all background information for those on-site.
- Check out the abstracts & speakers for the Plenary Opening Session, The Year in Review and the Transgender Health Care in Europe Session.
11:00-14:00 Registration desk opens
14:00-16:00 Plenary Opening Session: live keynote lectures in auditorium – live streamed – open for the public. The link will be shared asap.
- Welcome address by prof. dr. Guy T’Sjoen, President of EPATH
- Welcome address by dr. Attila Fazekas, Conference hosts
- Welcome address by Håkan Eriksson, Deputy Lord Mayor (City of Gothenburg) and Per Tenggren (First Vice President of the Regional Council, Region Västra Göteland)
Keynote lectures – chair: Guy T’Sjoen
- Martin den Heijer: Data-driven transgender healthcare: reconnecting personalized care and clinical research
- Timo Nieder, Joz Motmans & Andreas Koehler: How the COVID-19 pandemic affects transgender health care in Europe – Results of the TransCareCovid19 survey
- Jorge María Londoño (TGEU) & Jêran Rostam (RFSL): How do we survive and thrive during the backlash?
16:00-16:45 Coffee break
16:45-18:45 Parallel stream sessions I: prerecorded sessions through digital platform
20:00-22:00 Welcome Reception offered by the city of Gothenburg and Region Västra Göteland
09:00-11:00 Plenary Session “The year in review”: This recurrent session offers a synoptic review of notable new literature in various sub-specialties of transgender care. The plenary session will consist of live presentations on site which will be recorded and live streamed through the digital platform Ex Ordo. Chaired by Annelou de Vries.
- Mental health (adults): Prof. dr. Christina Richards
- Mental health (children and adolescents): Dr. Riittakerttu Kaltiala
- Endocrinology: Dr. Justine Defreyne
- Social and political sciences: Dr. Zowie Davy
- Reproductive health: Dr. Norah van Mello
- Voice and communication: Prof. dr. Evelien D’haeseleer
- Surgery: Prof. dr. Susanne Krege
- Law, politics and ethics: Prof. dr. Simona Giordano
11:00-11:45 Coffee Break
11:45-13:15 Parallel stream sessions II: prerecorded sessions through digital platform (Ex Ordo)
13.15-14.15 Lunch break
14.15-15.45 Round tables: live sessions through digital platform (Ex Ordo)
15.45-16.30 Coffee break
16:30-18:00 Round tables II: live sessions through digital platform (Ex Ordo)
18:15-19:30 Assembly meeting: live meeting in auditorium – live streamed through digital platform (Zoom meeting)
09:00-10:30 Plenary Session “Transgender Health Care in Europe” (Live session)
This recurrent session offers insight in the organisation of health care in various countries on the European continent. Live presentations of lectures in auditorium & live streamed through digital platform Ex Ordo.
Chair: Christina Richards.
- Sweden: Dr. Attila Fazekas
- Croatia: Prof. dr. Iva Zegura
- Denmark: Dr. Astrid Höjgaard
- Hungary: Dr. Noémi Bordás
10:30-11:15 Coffee break
11:15-12:30 Parallel stream sessions III: prerecorded sessions through digital platform Ex Ordo
12.45-13.45 Plenary Closing Ceremony (Live session): Closing ceremony in auditorium F4-F5 & live streamed through digital platform Ex Ordo