The 3rd biennial EPATH conference entitled “Inside Matters” will take place in Rome (Italy) from April 11-13, 2019. This third edition of the successful EPATH conference will centre around the broad spectrum of transgender health with a special focus on religion, ethics and law. This EPATH conference continues to seek fostering European knowledge, clinical skills, education, and human rights in transgender health.
Confirmed keynote speakers include Alex Sharpe, Keele University, UK and Susannah Cornwall, University of Exeter, UK.
EPATH cordially invites researchers and professionals in the field of transgender health to submit abstracts, for one of the following streams:
- Mental Health
- Social sciences
- Children and adolescents
- Voice and communication
We also invite multidisciplinary workshops proposals on the topic of “Inside Matters” that may address, but are not limited to:
- Ethics in working with families of trans persons
- Working in specific settings / specific groups (imprisoned persons, autistic spectrum disorder, older patients, persons with intellectual disabilities, trans and dementia)
- Legal gender recognition & human rights: next steps?
- The role of the social media and being trans
- Atypical requests, gender queerness and gender non-binary transitions
- The importance of transition follow-up: “after care”
- Current debates in trans children and adolescents
- eHealth approaches in transgender health care
- The role of mental health professionals in view of ICD-11-related changes in transgender health care
- Decision-making and informed consent models: ethical considerations
Students and young researchers are warmly invited to submit poster presentations. EPATH will award a Poster Award during the conference.
We look forward to meeting you in Rome!
Find the PDF version of this Call for Abstracts here.